Yes, we accept purchase orders! Our Language Arts programs are approved for purchase through many charter schools. Not yours? We would love to become a vendor.
Cover Story, The One Year Adventure Novel, Byline, and Other Worlds are all published by Clear Water Press. If we don’t appear to be an approved vendor, please check to see if we are already on the approved vendor list under another one of our names.
If we have not yet been considered as a potential vendor, we are happy to complete the application materials. Contact your educational representative, who will then contact us.
How to Place a Purchase Order
We accept purchase orders by mail, fax, and email attachment. Email attachment is preferred.
Phone: 1-888-481-4550 (toll-free)
Clear Water Press
PO Box 62
Olathe, KS 66051
When creating a purchase order, please note that our shipping address is also our billing address.
- An email address for the charter/school, so we can confirm receipt and send the USPS Priority Mail tracking number for the shipment.
- In the case of a Cloud video streaming purchase we MUST have an email address for the streaming account. It needs to be an email account the student/student’s family can access, so they can sign into their video streaming account.
- The name of the student or of one of their parents, so we can connect them to the order should they email or call.
- In the case of The One Year Adventure Novel we MUST have an email address to send the family of the student the unique curriculum license number to be able to access support.
- Unless otherwise requested on the purchase order, we will set the start date for any Cloud video streaming access as the date we process the order.
- We do NOT subscribe charter school students or their parents to our email newsletters. Each of our programs has an email newsletter, which we use to communicate about its support resources and special events like our writing contests. If you wish to receive these emails (recommended!), you can choose to subscribe.
Choice of Licensing
When we receive a purchase order from a new charter school, we contact the charter school about choosing a license type. We do this because our One Year Adventure Novel (OYAN) program in particular is strictly licensed, but we will ask anyway even if you are not ordering OYAN.
Unless your charter or school allows families to permanently keep all the materials in the order, we will assign a Charter License to the charter, so that, in the event that a new family wishes to use the non-consumable materials in a One Year Adventure Novel set once they are returned to the charter, you can request what we call an OYAN “Rescue License.” This license costs $109 plus the purchase of a new OYAN workbook for $59. Compared with the price of ordering a new OYAN set, this presents significant savings. For our other programs, the cost of renewing the charter license is covered by the purchase of a Group Student Kit.
If the charter does allow families to permanently keep all materials, we will assign a Household License to the student’s family. This type of license doesn’t expire or need renewing but is restricted to the student’s immediate household permanently.
To speed up this process, please write “Non consumbles return to charter” or “Non consumables stay with student” on the purchase order form.