1. The video contest is open to any student with a valid One Year Adventure Novel license.
2. Entries must be an original work of your own creation. Any music or images used may not infringe on any copyright laws. (You do have permission to use the One Year Adventure Novel logo or a shot of any one or more of the book covers or DVD covers if you choose to do so.)
3. Entries must be 25–65 seconds long.
4. Entries must address one (or more) of the following One Year Adventure Novel (OYAN) themes:
“What I love about OYAN.”
“What OYAN taught me.
“How OYAN is unique.”
“How OYAN has impacted my writing.”
You may apply these themes to any aspect of the curriculum, including the Summer Workshop, or you may take a broader approach and address the curriculum as a whole.
NOTE: When referring to the curriculum in your video please use the words (whether spoken or written) “The One Year Adventure Novel” at least once. New people won’t understand the acronym “OYAN.”
5. Only one entry per curriculum license number will be accepted. Households with more than one license number (i.e., those with extra workbook licenses) may enter one video for each license number, provided each video has only one Primary Creator (the student who will receive credit for the entry).
6. Students may collaborate on entries, but only the Primary Creator under whose name the entry is submitted will receive credit and (potentially) a prize.
7. Entries must be submitted through the Contest Entry Form and per the submission guidelines. We no longer accept entries by email or by mail on a physical disc.
8. Video contest entries must not be posted online prior to us posting them online. After it appears on our channel you may post it on your own channel, website, Facebook, etc. Thanks!
To submit your video, please fill out the Contest Entry Form, and upload your video entry as an .mp4 file. We no longer accept entries by email or by mail on a physical disc.
No entry fee.