One Year Adventure Novel Set – Household Use
The One Year Adventure Novel guides students grades 8–12 through the process of writing a structured, compelling adventure novel over the course of one school year. It is 1 high school English or Creative Writing credit. The curriculum’s unique approach to writing begins where many writing courses don’t go at all, with an exploration of Story.
What makes a story interesting? Why do we like some characters and despise others? How can a person communicate meaning without hitting their audience over the head? Award-winning novelist Daniel Schwabauer helps students understand how stories work—not so they can follow a formula, but so they can build their dream novel on a solid structure.
The set includes:
- 78 video lessons on DVD
- In-depth workbook designed to develop the student’s story
- Teacher’s guide
- The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
- Resource disc
The license (included with purchase) provides access to:
- Online Student Forum (ages 13–19 only) with “Ask the Teacher” board
- Free entry in our annual Student Novel Contest (age limit to submit is 19)
- Free live video webinars with Mr. & Mrs. S. on topics related to writing (once or twice per month, September–May)
- Registration for writing workshops (costs not included)
- New consumable workbooks ($30)
|Dimensions||12 × 9.25 × 3.25 in|