This application is for those interested in serving as a Dorm Parent who have previously attended an in-person Summer Workshop located in Olathe, Kansas.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: We usually receive more requests than available slots, so it is impossible for everyone who applies to be selected.
Dorm Parent Responsibilities:
- Be available on your floor by 10:30 pm so that the students under your care can check in before the 11:30 curfew. Your assigned Student Helper will report to you to help out at 11:15pm.
- Make a round in the morning (around 8:45) before the 9:00am session begins, to make sure students are not in their rooms.
- Inform staff promptly of any health, safety, or relational concerns among the students under your care.
- Be willing to report any observed SW guidelines violation by any student at any time.
- Be able to attend a Dorm Parent briefing meeting with Mrs. S. at 5:00 pm on the SW check-in date. (If this is impossible do to flight or travel time, etc., please make other arrangements via email BEFORE that day.)